Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday 26 March 2011

Kind review in Northwords Now

"Kate Smart's blog could never be described as 'run of the mill'." Nobody could have given me a nicer compliment. "Kate clearly demonstrates how blogging can be used to great effect." Bask!

Many thanks to Tony Ross for this really kind review in the current edition of Northwords Now.
I'm absolutely delighted to have been given a mention, never mind anything else.

Tony's clearly read the blog, and "gets it" - which is brilliant. Yes, most of it could be described as "flash fiction", but I haven't thought of it that way myself. I'm just pleased that posts such as "Desperate Dan's Testicles" , the "Heartache Removal Service" - which is an on-going concern by the way - and the "Mind Muck Removal Device" have been read and appreciated.

To find out more - just click on the links below this post - or, find 'em on the list of links down the right hand side of the page.

This is encouraging me to put more of my work out there - somewhere...I'm rubbish at sending stuff away. Anyone thinks I can write anything specific for them and wants me to do it - give me a shout. (lazy...)

I'm well aware that this blog isn't everyone's cup of tea - or bottle of gin, even. So, I'll say, once again, how much I appreciate the readers who have kept me going with this over the past three years. Without your generous support, I would not have continued.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear the review recognition. It is from an excellent publication too- some good work on it, I thought. If I ever get my hands on a corset or mankini (?)or bejewelled manbag of Adorno it should be worth a small fortune- I will most definitely pay you half the money from the sale so you and yours can retire in the style you deserve to be accustomed to- it's funny I can't imagine Susan Sontag or Adorno nude- they are MINDs in my feeble mind. Faceless arse (I might leave off commenting for a bit and stick to making wind) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks o faceless one (I WON'T call you an arse). I'm pleased to get mentioned anywhere, quite frankly, but especially pleased about this because as you say it's an excellent publication. And thanks for commmenting - I need the encouragement plus, you're making it look like I've got ONE reader at least...

    ReplyDelete