My Amazon Author Page

Find my Amazon author page via this link

"A Scottish Wind in the Willows on high end skunk."

"I enjoy Kate's stories..."
"A fun and spooky read..."

"The characters are so involving and
loveable that you do want them to really exist. It does read like you've
stumbled across someone's long lost diary from and alternate timeline/universe.
I quickly got into the story and loved every second of reading it...
total gem of a read by an author who deserves a lot more recognition."


SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO FIND LINKS TO ALL FOUR BOOKS

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Psychotweeter

My tale Psychotweeter (part one) was chosen as today's Throwback Tuesday on Shortbread Stories by Shortbread guest editor and blogger Adam West.  I wrote it a couple of years ago and followed it up with another three in the series.  A fifth has been sitting in a Word file for about six months - I must finish it.
They all seem apposite given the current Twitter storm.
Twitter - a lot less entertaining than it used to be.
Why?  Because much of the good-humoured banter from "ordinary tweeters" has disappeared, leaving space for an increasingly nasty,  aggressive element, corporate advertisers and relentless self-promoters.  One could of course argue that everyone on Twitter is a relentless self-promoter.  It's just a matter of degree.  I certainly think it can be a platform for the psychologically needy, and it has always been an ideal medium for the playground bully.
The present "vogue" for using violent sexual terminology is thoroughly horrible;  however in my cautious opinion I suspect most of those using it are youngsters sniggering behind their iphones or whatever, and personally I'd give them space to learn rather than prosecuting.  Anyone over the age of about 25 should know better, and how one deals with them is a different matter.

Here is the link to Adam's blog on Shortbread Stories, and the story.