My Amazon Author Page

Find my Amazon author page via this link

"A Scottish Wind in the Willows on high end skunk."

"I enjoy Kate's stories..."
"A fun and spooky read..."

"The characters are so involving and
loveable that you do want them to really exist. It does read like you've
stumbled across someone's long lost diary from and alternate timeline/universe.
I quickly got into the story and loved every second of reading it...
total gem of a read by an author who deserves a lot more recognition."


SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO FIND LINKS TO ALL FOUR BOOKS

Sunday, 24 November 2013

A few thousand miles away from here,  LA poet Wanda Coleman has died aged just 67.  I just read an obituary in the LA Times, which popped up on my timeline - link beneath poem.   It includes comments from her scathing reviews of  some of Maya Angelou's work - for example 'another traipse to the trough'!  Ouch ouch ouch.   I don't suppose Angelou cared.   This is someone whose work I would like to read.   I'm taking the liberty of cutting and pasting the poem from the end of the obituary.  It was written when she was older.  I am older too, and I am always interested in other older people's thoughts.   (As long as they're not dull.  Or even if they ARE dull.  Because then I can think,  that is not how I want to be!)


"Southerly Equinox."
who am i? what am i? are no longer important questions.
knowing that i am is finally enough
like discovering dessert is delicious following a disastrous
meal, a sweetness that reawakens
the palate, or finding that one's chalice is unexpectedly
filled with elixir of euphoria
and i stumble happily into the cornucopia, arms
outstretched, upturned, drunk
my heart athrum, bones full samba. the night
blesses me with his constellations
baptizes me with his deathless autumnal chill
and i invade the moody indigo
full-throated and singing


http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-wanda-coleman-20131124-1,0,3349194.story?page=2#ixzz2lYvyvYHr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.