My Amazon Author Page

Find my Amazon author page via this link

"A Scottish Wind in the Willows on high end skunk."

"I enjoy Kate's stories..."
"A fun and spooky read..."

"The characters are so involving and
loveable that you do want them to really exist. It does read like you've
stumbled across someone's long lost diary from and alternate timeline/universe.
I quickly got into the story and loved every second of reading it...
total gem of a read by an author who deserves a lot more recognition."


SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO FIND LINKS TO ALL FOUR BOOKS

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Now Reading...


my bookcase sea penguin 25/3/14

I'm feeling older by the minute.  I just saw a link to this article about Flannery O'Connor.  I'd forgotten all about Flannery O'Connor.  I haven't read any Flannery O'Connor since about 1979.  But I do remember I really liked her work so I must re-read and see why.  I also remember that I thought she was a man, and Irish.    I think I was confusing her with Flan O'Brien. Does that matter?  You say O'Connor, I say O'Brien.  Let's call the whole thing off.  Or AFF, as we say in Scotland.  (I don't say AFF, myself - some definitely do, however.  So be warned. ) Made no difference to me, at any rate. Haven't read him since about 1979, either.  Must re-read, &c..

My current book is a political diary - Alan Clark's.  I've read them before but I'm tired at the moment and I just want something to stare at, really.  He's fairly entertaining.  The 80s seem like an awfully long time ago though.  I remember the first time I read them it all seemed quite recent.  The last instalment of his diaries are either about to be published, or have already been published.  I'm not sure if I really want to read them.   Chris Mullin's Diaries are a good read - I think I've read them all.  Even the 90s and the Blair era seem like a long time ago now.  How quickly life zooms by.
I've never read Tony Benn's Diaries,  strangely enough.  I'm sure I'll get round to those fairly soon.

My next book will be Iris Murdoch's The Sandcastle. Another writer I haven't read for ages.  I hope it isn't too turgid.  I've enjoyed a few of hers but there was one I started a couple of years ago - can't remember which one it was but I got it from my local library - and I could barely wade past chapter one.   I got this one on Friday in Killin folklore centre thrift shop for 50p.  (see my trip to Argyllshire post, for more riveting details).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.