My Amazon Author Page

Find my Amazon author page via this link

"A Scottish Wind in the Willows on high end skunk."

"I enjoy Kate's stories..."
"A fun and spooky read..."

"The characters are so involving and
loveable that you do want them to really exist. It does read like you've
stumbled across someone's long lost diary from and alternate timeline/universe.
I quickly got into the story and loved every second of reading it...
total gem of a read by an author who deserves a lot more recognition."


SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO FIND LINKS TO ALL FOUR BOOKS

Thursday, 10 April 2014

Today's Walk - Mill Dam, Perthshire

The walk up

wild primrose sea penguin 10/4/14
Wild primrose

beaver trees 10/4/14 sea penguin
Beavers have clearly moved in to the area



Heading uphill towards the burn that tumbles into the loch - deer just about visible

mill dam 10/4/14 sea penguin

10/4/14 sea penguin
Mill Dam, Perthshire



A Comma butterfly - quite rare hereabouts


A walk into the gentle hills a mile or two east of Dunkeld, that I've done perhaps hundreds of times over the last 20 years.  I walked up the forestry track to the small loch called the Mill Dam, and then followed a deer track uphill and right round (see photos).  It's about 5 or 6 miles in all, but I often do a shorter version which is about 3 miles, just to the loch and back.  Today was warm and sunny and really a joy to be out and about, so I went for the longer route.  I was interested to see a LOT of beaver activity with numerous chewed and felled trees round the loch - this is a very recent thing, I haven't noticed it on previous visits and my last one was only about a month ago.
Was pleased to have my first osprey sighting of this year.  I also saw a fair amount of frog spawn (though not nearly as much as usual - perhaps a little early yet),  tufted ducks, wild swans, peacock butterflies, and the beautiful comma pictured above.  I didn't manage to get a close up as my camera ran out of space just at the vital moment!  A few lovely primroses, as well.
I also saw a couple of red deer - one is just visible in the distance in one of the photos.  I got quite close, they didn't notice me for quite a while.
The track seems to be getting used by 4 x 4s now.  Possibly off-roading tuition or something.  Again, this is a new thing. Hope they won't be too intrusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.