My Amazon Author Page

Find my Amazon author page via this link

"A Scottish Wind in the Willows on high end skunk."

"I enjoy Kate's stories..."
"A fun and spooky read..."

"The characters are so involving and
loveable that you do want them to really exist. It does read like you've
stumbled across someone's long lost diary from and alternate timeline/universe.
I quickly got into the story and loved every second of reading it...
total gem of a read by an author who deserves a lot more recognition."


SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO FIND LINKS TO ALL FOUR BOOKS

Sunday, 15 February 2015

Today's Walk





Today - or, rather, yesterday's walk.  A rather dull one, close to home, on an overcast and generally miserable day, with that depressing fag-end of winter feel.  Unremitting gloom, mud and awfulness, really, but I suppose on some level (as yet unclear to me) it will have done me good.  
The paths had thawed sufficiently to leave a horridly unpleasant and slimy surface layer of mud over deeper layers of hard-packed and still frozen ground. As I plodded round the loch I kept thinking of prehistoric swamps,  the Somme, and Zola's Germinal, which I remember as being one of the gloomiest books ever, almost on a par with 1984.  Mud, black bread and coalmines are all that come to mind when I think of it.
Not the nicest of walks, and not much wildlife to mention, except for two noisy buzzards, a flock of gulls following a plough, a few quiet swans close in by the reed beds, some mallards, and a couple of goldeneye.
I know I should be thankful for my health, at my age, and so I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.