My Amazon Author Page

Find my Amazon author page via this link

"A Scottish Wind in the Willows on high end skunk."

"I enjoy Kate's stories..."
"A fun and spooky read..."

"The characters are so involving and
loveable that you do want them to really exist. It does read like you've
stumbled across someone's long lost diary from and alternate timeline/universe.
I quickly got into the story and loved every second of reading it...
total gem of a read by an author who deserves a lot more recognition."


SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO FIND LINKS TO ALL FOUR BOOKS

Saturday, 1 April 2017

The Andrew Oldham Orchestra - Da Doo Ron Ron





I had a listen to this because I've just been reading the bit in 'Stoned' by Andrew Loog Oldham where he mentions its recording.  I've been reading a series of books about the Rolling Stones actually - 'Up and Down with the Rolling Stones' by Tony Sanchez, 'Faithfull' by Marianne Faithfull, and Keith Richards 'Life'.  I got them all as penny Amazon buys except for the Keith Richards' one, which I borrowed from the library.

I found them all fairly dull to be honest.  Life with the Rolling Stones sounds pretty ghastly.  Drugs and ghastliness and drugs and back-stabbing and drugs and ghastliness.  Of course all these books are accounts of early to mid-era Stones.  I suppose they've been treating it as a business, a capitalist rather than a musical endeavour, since about 1975, and if you look at it like that then perhaps life within their inner circle since then might be tolerable, cushioned by lots of cash rather than, perhaps, as was the case until the mid-70s, drugs.

I might get Andrew Loog Oldham's follow-ups to Stoned (can't remember the title, but I think there are two at least) because there are some interesting nuggets about the music industry over the years that make it worthwhile persevering despite his slightly irritating and indirect writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.