Search This Blog

Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Life goes on as we await the vote in one week's time.  It's a complete nightmare and I cannot wait until it's settled, one way or another.
Social media undoubtedly makes it worse.  People are terribly aggressive.  Feelings are running high and it's all too easy to get caught up in the intensity.  I knew - or suspected - that it would be like this.  Nationalism and identity cannot be treated lightly.
When you're out and about doing your shopping or getting on with work or life in general everything looks the same as always, but the tension is there and when you switch on the news or go online, it hits you like a sledgehammer.
I had campaigners at the door the other evening.  I said I was an undecided just to make them  go away.  The zeal in their eyes reminds me of converts to Amy Semple McPherson or Billy Graham.  It's truly frightening.  Especially when you see the rage online.  I'm hoping and praying for a peaceful outcome regardless of the way the vote goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment