Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Biscuit of the Week - the Fox's Jam Ring


Yup, this our biscuit of the week - the Fox's Jam Ring. Usually priced at 89p (or more!), the FJR is currently on offer at Somerfield at two packets for a pound.
This is a good biscuit. I'd go so far as to say it's pretty much my all-time favourite, except that I've kind of scunnered myself what with them being two for a pound at the moment.
They consist of a double nice light shortbready-style biscuit, sandwiched together by white butter cream, and are enlivened by a pleasantly flavoured jam in the centre. To top it off and add even more class, there is a hint of a sugary sprinkle, as well.
They are dunkable, in my book, although some might disagree due to concerns about the high melt-risk of the cream filling. But as this tends to be quite solid, especially if you keep them in the fridge, I'm going to stick my neck out and say the FJR actually falls into the "low to medium" melt risk category.
Good buy.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly hope that this doesn't look like I'm stalking you. Just thought I'd say your blog is cool though it took me a little while to get used to it. I've put it on my blog lists which means I'll be able to keep up.
    Why do they have so many digestive biscuits in a packet when the one at the end always get broken?
    Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your other projects.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment and for YOUR encouragement - I know there are a few readers but it's great to know for sure someone is reading this!!
    Will bend my mind to the biscuit problem now.

    ReplyDelete