Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Letters from a Lost Gull

Yes, and I MEAN lost. His final words to me were "I'll text" - but I think he must have realised that as I don't have a mobile, it would be pointless.
Today a letter arrived via Razor Bill, scrawled in Geoffrey's unmistakable "hand" (or "webbed foot").
Dere Tupie,
As u allreddy no, I floo north with sum gese recntly, but thay floo so kwik I koodint kepe up, so I stoppt and had a wee rest - here (se foto) I met up with sum nu frends and am having a luvly tyme.
hopping this finds u well, as I am
luv your good frend alwayz,
Geoffrey.
The T-G - who has been visiting a lot more often since Geoffrey's departure - glanced over my shoulder as I read.
"Hmmm. Is Geoffrey's second name Chaucer by any chance?" then guffawed so loudly I thought he'd burst a blood vessel.
"Not to my knowledge," I snapped, glaring at him. How dare he be snide about my best friend's spelling idiosinkrassies? "And by the way - how's Mrs T-G these days?"
That hit the mark, and he slunk off, mortified.

No comments:

Post a Comment