Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday 19 March 2020

Val Lecktures us about self-isolation.

Having sneaked out to the Tunnels last night under cover of darkness to fetch - or 'rob', as some nitpickers might have it - some essential supplies, viz., three dozen tins of smuggled meat (various types), four pounds of baccy (Black Bogey), and two barrels best Madeira, which I had to drag home over the moors all by myself in my wheeled tartan shopping trolley,  I'm a bit tired today.  Tuppence went Overthere again to do another shop at Speedispend but I'm not sure it's a wise move.  I gave him my copper diving helmet to help with the social distancing and I only hope he returns with several boxes of high-quality fish fingers and some decent biscuits.  I don't know where Geoffrey is.  The T-G is sleeping 'rough' somewhere, still being persona non grata at Tupfinder Towers after voting 'brexit'.  I miss them.  Going on the rob isn't half as much fun on your own.
 I fancied a tinned meat sandwich for lunch but I couldn't find the tin opener so I just had a slice of plain bread with red sauce on.   I'm involuntarily self-isolating, I keep thinking I'm ill and Everything's Awful.  To top it all, Val Nark is, right now, giving a leckture on self-isolation, and broadcasting it to all and sundry via loudspeaker from her campervan, which Dave is driving slowly round the area wearing his bobble hat and a gas mask.
'This campervan is covered with electrified barbed wire.  Do not approach.  Repeat, do not approach.
Om mane padme hum.  This is a public service announcement and it's for your own good, not that you lot'd know the difference.  Stay indoors.  You must keep your immune systems healthy so do star jumps and mindfulness and don't drink alcohol.  Anyone needing food, paint a cross on your door and I'll push a Ryvita through your letterbox.  Don't come within fifty yards of me and we'll all get through this.  My own-made hand sanitiser is available to purchase mail order at fifty pounds a squirt.  Plus P&P.  Om mane *massive screeching feedback noise* padme hum.'

Next time - Tuppence and his band reveal their charity single.

No comments:

Post a Comment