Search This Blog

Pages

Monday 5 January 2009

happy new year (for some)

I believe it's customary to wish everyone a Happy New Year around this time - that's all very well for you lot, and everyone else Hereabouts - going round slapping each other on the back and shaking hands without a care in the world - if only I could wish myself one. I'm currently - as Mr Spockfingers puts it with his usual appalling lack of taste - "keeching myself". (Not literally, but even so, not a good start to the year by any stretch). The reasons were outlined in the previous post, viz. Tuppence amok again, and son of orca's current revenge expedition. The baby orca has been "breaching" in the bay - sticking its head up out of the water, in case you don't know - seeking me out with a very determined and unnerving gleam in its beady little eye. Naturally I've been keeping my head down and staying well away from anything watery.
Apparently, in case he can't catch me himself, baby orca has put a bounty on my head. It's just a matter of time.
Oh - and I should point out that Hereabouts, the new Year starts on December 21st. The calendar year is completely irrelevant, except for keeping up with telly listings etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment