Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2009

cowering in the slipstream of the grim reaper's scythe

I managed to convince Geoffrey that I wasn't trying to bump him off with the chilli heatwave doritos, and after he'd performed his obligatory huff, we settled down with the madeira to continue our conversation.
"Yes, I accept that at our age we need to think about our blood pressure and so forth," I began, "but needs must. We have to enjoy life as well, and if you enjoy a dorito or two, where's the harm?"
"Well I'm cutting them out from now on. I can feel the breeze as the grim reaper's scythe hacks away willy nilly, getting ever closer..."
"For pity's sake, Geoffrey! let's relax and enjoy ourselves...while we still can! oh no! now I'm getting as gloomy as you!"
How on earth could Geoffrey and I snap out of our terrible depression? how could we conquer our fear of death?
These questions gripped us till dawn, when we decided upon an all or nothing solution...

No comments:

Post a Comment